A fantastic recipe for those special mornings or when you have a house guest you would like to impress. Follow this simple recipe for a 5 star breakfast.
1 1/3 cups of all -purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups milk
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup of butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons rum flavored extract
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/4 cup whole pecans
1/2 cup pancake syrup
3 bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Here we go......
1. Preheat your belgian waffle iron. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, white sugar, and salt all in one bowl, put to the side.
2. Whisk eggs,1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and milk in a bowl. Stir in your melted butter and flour mixture ( from #1) until slightly lumpy batter forms. Cook belgian waffles on your preheated waffle iron for about 2 minutes , or until steam stops.
3. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Now stir in your brown sugar,rum extract,2 teaspoons vanilla extract,and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer and stir in your pecans -continue simmering for 1 minute. Stir in the pancake syrup and bananas, continue cooking until your bananas soften, around 4 minutes.
4. Beat the heavy cream, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until firm peaks start to form.
5. Now that your waffles are done, spoon your Banana's Foster sauce over the waffles and top them with whipped cream.
Your 5 star breakfast is going to have everyone full, smiling and praising your skills in the kitchen.